Friday 23 September 2011

Alfredo Noodles

Dilemma:

The time is now 21:30 on Friday night, and I am leaving the SGA office, having yet to have dinner.

Abstract:

I wander to my room, feeling the pangs of hunger and the happy knowledge that my government duties are completed for the evening. Once in my room, I look around, wondering what to eat. Soup? Had it earlier. My refrigerator is nearly empty, save those troublesome beans (creativity has yet to strike ...) and some eggs. Well, I just had egg sandwiches. Delicious. But - I just had them. Then, I remember a gift - from Heaven, as it were. Noodles. Ahhhhhhh ........

Battle plan:

I grab my cooking pot, [indispensable] wooden spoon, noodles, salt and pepper, scrubbie sponge, and bowl. Pouring water and milk into my cooking pot, I add butter - that way I don't have to take all the ingredients to the kitchen with me. I coerce my roommate to keep me company, and head off down the hallway. Within minutes the milk comes to a boil, and I pour the alfredo noodles in, stirring frequently.

Result:

Ten minutes later, I have a bowlful of noodles, my pan and spoon are washed clean, and I retreat to my room to blog and eat warm food.

Reflections:

Win.

Drawbacks:

Thirty seconds worth of dishes, 10 minutes, late late dinner

Positives:

Warm food, pasta, hanging out with my roommate, did I mention food?

Net disaster = Zero

5 comments:

  1. on a sad but true note, while writing this post I received an email concerning SGA business that I felt responsible to respond to promptly ... so I wasn't done for the night, after all. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just found a gray hair. You make me worry about you, my dear. The only thing that's keeping me from rushing to your college and cooking you a big, healthy meal is the distance, the fact that I have no means of transportation, and, well, a little issue called time. Oh, well, it's only a matter of time before you come home, and them I can stuff you with my cooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noodles are great. I am glad you were able to have some with minimal effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadea: Okay, I love your new blog. A lot. You write awesomely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gray hair?!?! CocoaNut darlin', I cooked myself a meal! Real food! Warm noodles! I don't know what's wrong with that ... or were you referring to the time? ;)

    PC - noodles are amazing; so many different ways to prepare them and very tasty. Mutual appreciation.

    Erika - glad you like it :-) I'm finding it to be quite fun, myself!

    ReplyDelete